The launch of R&F Group’s Permaisuri Zarith Sofiah Opera House is definitely a significant milestone for the city of Johor Bahru. Situated at R&F Princess Cove, the diamond-shaped Opera House is an imposing sight, releasing a unique glow with its unconventional architecture.
The Permaisuri Zarith Sofiah Opera House is part of the R&F Princess Cove, a prestige project by R&F Group located at merely 1056m away from Singapore. R&F Princess Cove offers extraordinary connectivity for all residents and visitors, featuring a 650m link bridge to JB CIQ, JB Sentral, KTM railway station, and the upcoming Rapid Transit System at Bukit Chagar. Aside from the Opera House, R&F Princess Cove offers more lifestyle & entertainment facilities, which include R&F Mall, luxury yacht club, seaside promenade and many more. Next to the Opera House is Phase 2 Seine Region, an upcoming high living condominium development with beautiful seaview.
19 January 2020 marks the long-anticipated grand opening of the Permaisuri Zarith Sofiah Opera House. This grand event will be celebrated in the presence of Sultan Johor and Permaisuri Johor, with a series of performance by the top talents from China and Malaysia.
Naming the Opera House after Her Majesty Raja Zarith Sofiah, Permaisuri Johor
The Permaisuri Zarith Sofiah Opera House is crafted by one of China’s best real estate developers—R&F Group. Located at Johor Bahru and being the first Opera House in the Southern Region, the Opera House was honorably named after Her Majesty Raja Zarith Sofiah, Permaisuri Johor.
Emerging as an important cultural landmark of Johor Bahru, the Permaisuri Zarith Sofiah Opera House is equipped with state-of-the-art visual and audio facilities, dedicated to entertain over 500 audiences with a variety of art & cultural performances.
The launch of the Opera House also serves as an important highlight in the China-Malaysia Year of Culture and Tourism in 2020, which will encourage more meaningful interactions between the two nations.
CPPA Theatres—Lighting up Johor Bahru’s art & cultural scene with international performances
The Permaisuri Zarith Sofiah Opera House is managed by CPAA Theatres—a certified performing arts theatre chain from China that has successfully managed over 5,000 performances for over 5 million audiences annually, in over 87 theatres worldwide. CPAA Theatres’s involvement in the management of Permaisuri Zarith Sofiah Opera House is set to bring more international performances to the art and cultural scene of Johor Bahru.
Sultan Johor and Permaisuri Johor joins the Opera House’s grand opening on 19 Jan
On 19 January 2020, the Permaisuri Zarith Sofiah Opera House will be celebrating its grand opening together with the meaningful appearance of Sultan Johor and Permaisuri Johor. Let’s dive into the list of performance of this spectacular event:
– Solo Performance: A Beautiful Night On The Grassland, Emperor’s Love & Horizon by Jamyang Dolma
A singing performance by award-winning Tibentan artist
– Acrobatics: Ballet On The Shoulder – The Oriental Swan
Topnotch Chinese acrobatics performance combining emotions and movement together
– Percussion Solo: Chinese Hero, Men’s Solo: Ink Dance by Tian Yuan & Sun Fubo
An unconventional performing style combining percussion and China’s classical dance
– Piano Solo: Colourful Clouds Chasing The Moon & Getaran Jiwa by Claudia Yang
Timeless music pieces performed by acclaimed Chinese Malaysian pianist
– Excerpts from Peking Opera: Farewell My Concubine & Ode To Pear Blossom
Classical Chinese operas that depict the love story of ancient Chinese rulers
– Solo Performance: Kisah Cinta & The Way You Look Tonight by Datuk Yusni Hamid
All-time favourite love songs performed by renowned Malaysian singer
– Solo Performance: Red Sun & The Crescent Moon by Hacken Lee
Singing performance by award-winning Hong Kong singer and actor
– Solo Performance: Nessun Dorma, Duet: Dudarai by Ding Yi & Geng Jie Yu
European opera songs presented by prominent international singers
– Dance Performance: Malaysian Song And Dance by Yayasan Warisan Johor Band | Enticing cultural heritage song and dance performance
– Folk Dance: Flowers & Flowers by Ning Xia Performing Arts Group | A dance performance rich with cultural elements presented by one of China’s top performing groups
– Dance Performance: Golden Soup Bottles by Ning Xia Performing Arts Group | Breath-taking dance performance by a performing group with over 60 years of experience, famous for presenting dance pieces with strong Muslim features and Ning Xia’s local culture
To summarize, the grand opening of Permaisuri Zarith Sofiah Opera House will be followed by more remarkable local and overseas performances in the future, which will stimulate the economic and cultural development of Johor Bahru. Let’s stay tuned for more art and cultural surprises from the Permaisuri Zarith Sofiah Opera House from now on!
For more details about the Permaisuri Zarith Sofiah Opera House, please visit the official Facebook page of R&F Princess Cove at: R&F Princess Cove 富力公主湾
Permaisuri Zarith Sofiah Opera House
Address: Jalan Tanjung Puteri, Tanjung Puteri, 80300 Johor Bahru
Waze: R&F Princess Cove